Wednesday, October 16, 2019
With the exciting news this week that the Mirena and Jaydess intra uterine devices are going to be available for free – we’ve been getting lots of questions from our clients about how this is going to work. We’ve put together our list of things we want you to know about getting one of these devices at a Family Planning Clinic.
- Mirena and Jaydess will be free from 1 November. If you have an appointment booked to get one of these devices before this date you will need to pay the original price.
- Everyone needs to have two appointments to get the Mirena or the Jaydess – one of these appointments is to check that it’s the best option for you and the second is when you have the device inserted. You will need to pay for both these appointments. An appointment at Family Planning for New Zealand Residents costs:
- Nothing if you’re under 22
- $5 if you have a Community Services Card
- $35 if you’re over 22 and without a Community Services Card
3. Lots of people are wanting to get a Mirena or a Jaydess. Our appointments are filling up fast and we’re already booking people into appointments in December or even early next year. We’ll see you as fast as we can but you may have to wait for a while.
Different pricing applies for non-New Zealand Residents – please check our website for more information.
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.