Keep Safe: Teaching about Safer Sex Kia Haumaru: E whakaako ana kia haumaru ake te mahi ai is a contraceptive and STI teaching kit designed for use with adults and young people in Year 8 and up.
Keep Safe helps people to:
- Gain accurate information about safer sex and contraceptive methods
- Discuss contraception
- See and handle contraceptives
- Consider issues about contraception and safer sex in their relationships
- Learn how STIs are spread, how to avoid and treat them.
The resource can be used in both group and individual situations by educators, health and community workers, secondary school teachers and counsellors.
Keep Safe contains:
- An Activities manual (this is a PDF that is sent out via email)
- Contraceptive samples: external condoms, external condom demonstrator, internal condom, oral dam, IUD, water based lubricant, information on Depo Provera, a pregnancy test
- STI testing equipment: pottles, brooms, brushes etc
- A5 flip cards with photographs of pill packets (a mix of combined and progestogen only pills), information on implants, and the emergency contraceptive pill
- Pamphlets: ‘Contraception – Your Choice’ , ‘Sexually Transmissible Infections (STIs)’. Set of three Youth pamphlets.
Produced by Family Planning, revised edition 2021.