Family Planning is New Zealand's leading sexual and reproductive health service provider. We believe everyone should have access to quality services and information so they can make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health.
About the Role
If people are your passion and you have excellent communication skills and an aptitude for problem solving, then we need your talents providing frontline support to our staff across the country. You will be an important part of our critical helpdesk support team and enjoy building relationships with staff whilst developing your IT skills in a supportive team environment.
Naturally analytical, you will perform triage, troubleshooting, resolving requests and issues whilst providing exceptional customer experiences and further developing your own knowledge base. This role is varied and interesting and supports a variety of applications and devices across both on-premises and cloud infrastructures, often in areas of critical need to our medical staff. To be effective you'll need to be comfortable adapting to new technology and new situations.
This is a busy and diverse role where you will be primarily responsible for the IT helpdesk but also be involved in other IT systems work to enhance technology within Family Planning. This role is ideal for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career.
This is a full-time permanent role, based at our National Office in Wellington. The majority of hours worked will be Monday to Friday, with a rostered, on call component spread amongst the team.
What you will bring:
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Great communication, happy to use non-technical language.
- Understanding of general I.T. technologies such as database, network, security, server and workstations.
- Excellent analytical skills with an problem-solving and innovative mindset.
- Ability to take the initiative and master new concepts quickly.
- Self-motivation, you'll be able to complete user requests in a timely manner, think outside the square and conduct further research using your natural attention to detail.
Family Planning is committed to equal employment opportunities and to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi.
Applications close 5pm Friday 30, July 2021.
Please note that applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.