We can help with advice and support if you think you are pregnant/hapū or planning to become pregnant.
If you think you are pregnant, pregnancy tests can be done at all our clinics.
The nurse will ask you some questions such as:
- the date of the first day of your last period
- what contraception/ārai hapū you have been using.
You will be asked to give a urine sample which will be tested to see if you are pregnant.
If you are pregnant
If you are pregnant, you have options. We can:
- refer you to a midwife or other professional who can care for you during your pregnancy
- refer you to someone who can help you decide what to do with the pregnancy
- refer you to a local abortion provider.
Planning to become pregnant
If you are planning to become pregnant, we can help with advice about stopping your current contraception and making sure you’re as healthy as possible before you become pregnant.
Family Planning has clinics located throughout New Zealand. Use the clinic finder to find your nearest clinic.
Find a clinic
Visits are free if you are under
22 (NZ residents only)